03 May, 2013

Back to Back State Gymnastic Champions

Seeing from my title, I indicated that there were back to back state gymnastic championships. Obviously, I had not blogged last years event so I am highlighting them both.

Saginaw High School has an awesome boys gymnastic team. For the past 2 years, SHS has won the State Meet.  And for the past 2 years, the team has gone undefeated all season long.

To breakdown just how impressive this is, let me try to explain.  Say the gymnasts have a total of 12 meets per year.  If they win their meet and their scores outrank an opponients score around the state, they win that meet as well.  So in retrospect, they have scored higher than all the teams throughout the state and they essentially won approximately 130 meets.  So instead of a 0-12 score, theirs would appear as 0-130.  No losses and 130 wins.  IMPRESSIVE!

Hunter has been District & Regional Champs in several of his events both years and has placed in the top 10 in his events both years.

I am extremely proud of Hunter and his teammates.





No comments:

Post a Comment