Where do I even begin? It has been sooooo long since my last post and I would have regrets if I did not blog about my experiences, so...here goes!
My position at TCU was ending and it gave me the opportunity to reflect on just what "I wanted to do with my life." I pondered and prayed about what direction I wanted to go. I needed a job but I CHOSE not to settle on a job and chose instead to go to Le Cordon Bleu for their Patisserie & Baking Program. What a sacrifice this was but through the sacrifice came great blessings. I learned so much by following my dream, learned from great chefs, met and made wonderful friends and built my confidence doing just what I had wanted to do for so long. And one of the greatest things was that I had so much love, encouragement and support from my family and friends. I am and truly are blessed!
As part of my studies, I was required to participate in an Externship. For the first part of my Externship, I was blessed to be able to work with some wonderful ladies at Hot Chocolates in Hurst, Texas. Hot Chocolates is a custom cake and hand made chocolate bakery. My favorite cake to eat was their Kahlua Fudge...yummy! [Thankfully for me (since I do not drink) is that the alcohol burns out in the baking process, leaving behind a moist and great-tasting cake!]
The second part of my Externship was at the Williamsburg Inn in Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia. What an honor to be the Pastry Chef at such a prestigious and historical place as this. Kings, Queens, Presidents and Celebrities has all dined and stayed at this Inn.
The Inn hired me from mid August through the first of January so I came home for a weekend in October to graduate and then went back to complete my duties. This experience was quite different than anything I had done before. It was hard and demanding but I learned so much. I had a wonderful experience and loved everyone I worked with. This was a solo station and nightly I was required to prepare a chef special.
Evalynn at 1 Year
9 years ago

you rock!! :)
ReplyDelete