Over the last few weeks, my mom, brother and I have been canning peaches, perserves and pinto beans. It is a scary thing to begin canning if you have never did it before. Every step is to be prepared and planned precisely in order for the outcome to be good. Trust me, my canning friends are on "speed dial" in my phone.
We prepared a peach crisp and it was yummy. The Peach Preserve Delight was delicious but i am scared to death about the pinto beans. We followed the directions to the tee when preparing them but I have not yet ate them. Someone must include on the instruction sheet as a final direction...PRAY! Pray that all your efforts pays off and no one falls ill.
I feel such a sense of accomplishment that I am preparing for my food storage. (However small it seems, I am starting and that means something) We have been enjoying the times we spend together and am overall pleased with the outcome and will be soon planning on other canning projects. Meats and greenbeans are next on our canning agenda. Can or Not to Can? CAN with the help of Prayers, of course.
Evalynn at 1 Year
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment